Ralf the 4-year-old yellow Labrador was rushed to Acorn Veterinary Surgery in Hove, East Sussex after being bitten by a venomous snake, a European adder, while out walking with his owner. Ralf was left with two puncture-marks on his muzzle, just a few centimetres from his nose, and was kept in the veterinary practice overnight for supervision. When Ralf returned home the following evening, his muzzle had swollen so much that his owner, Will Slade, could barely recognize him.

The incident occurred as Ralf and Will made their way to Devil’s Dyke, a nearby National Trust park that the pair visit regularly. Ralf had been walking a few metres ahead like usual when suddenly, Will saw him jump.

“He shot backwards, out of the blue,” says Will. “All four paws were off the ground!”

Will, who’d never encountered an adder on the way to Devil’s Dyke before, recalls seeing “the last…

Continue Reading to the Source

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here